For Families » Student Work Permits

Student Work Permits

Work permits are required if students are under the age of 16. They can be obtained at the High School office or the Superintendent’s Office in Searsport.
Work permits are issued for specific locations only. Therefore, the student must have the offer of a job before applying for the work permit.
He/she should come to the office with:
  • A birth certificate or other document showing date of birth, i.e., a passport, etc.
  • Parent/guardian (to sign the permit)
  • Name, address, and phone number of the company where the student will be working.
Both forms must be presented to either the High School office or the Superintendent’s Office. It generally takes at least a week to get the approved permit returned from the Maine Department of Labor.