Return to In-Person Instruction
The Safe Return to In-Person Instruction
Continuity of Services
How will RSU #20 maintain the health and safety of students, educators, and staff?
- RSU #20 will follow guidelines put forth by the US CDC, Maine CDC, MDOE and the Governor’s Office.
- RSU #20 will continue to maintain safe physical distancing, to the extent possible.
- RSU #20 students and staff will continue to incorporate safety measures adopted in the 2020-21 school year: pre-screening, ventilation, handwashing, respiratory etiquette, staying home when sick and/or getting tested, and cleaning and disinfection in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
- July 28, 2021 - Communication from Governor Mills
- the State of Maine will follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (U.S. CDC)
- all teachers, staff, and students in K-12 schools wear face coverings, regardless of vaccination status or community transmission level.
- July 15, 2021 - MDOE Priority Notice: Health and Safety Guidance for PreK-12 Schools in Maine
- Per the US CDC order related to transportation, all people on public or private school-provided transport, including buses and vans, are required to wear a mask.
- The Maine CDC’s Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for responding to COVID-19 cases in schools will continue to be required for schools to follow
- Per the updated US CDC’s guidance, masks, and distancing when possible, are still strongly recommended when inside for those who are unvaccinated, including staff and students
The extent to which RSU #20 has adopted policies on each of the safety recommendations established by the CDC.
- August 10, 2021 - RSU #20 School Board votes to approve US CDC recommendation for masking in schools, which are in line with Maine CDC and MDOE recommendations.
- September 14, 2021 - RSU #20 School Board votes to approve pooled testing for students and staff.
- Monthly RSU #20 will report to the Maine Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) to vaccination rates for all RSU #20 staff.
How will RSU #20 ensure continuity of services?
- August 18, 2021 - RSU #20 sends out new MDOE Pre-Screening Tool for School Attendance and Sara Alert system for close contacts notification.
- August 20, 2021 - New Pre-Screening Tool, 2021-22 school calendar, and Welcome Back letter sent out to RSU #20 parents and caregivers.
- The RSU #20 School Board continually reviews our in-person instruction plan: it has recently been added as a standing agenda item to be discussed at the bi-weekly Board meetings.